Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wicked Good Lump

I picked up three 22 pound bags at ACE for $19.99 and had a 20% off coupon.  It was $51.21 out the door.  I was quite pleased to say the least.  As soon as I got home I opened all three bags and I was quite impressed with the size of the lump.  Lots of large pieces as big as my fist and not too much dust or small bits.  I will smash a couple of the large nuggets when needed.  I will be doing a slow and low soon and see how it performs.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    Groupon had a $60 Ace gift certificate for $30 -  we used it for 3 22# WGWW bags.  I think we had to pay the tax on the $60, so it was around $35 and change.  I'll do that again.

·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    Glad to hear, I just ordered three bags today.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
    Still in the manbearcave - haven't use it yet, but looking forward to it.

·
  • Used the Saturday after thanksgiving 50% off one item under $30. Wife, daughters, etc picked up 6 bags at $11.09 out the door each.
    Kind Regards...Papa C
    Peachtree City, GA
    2-XLBG's E...Webber 22" kettle, Retired Gas Grill
    Roll Tide!!!
    ·
  • Hey Nola, was their a limit amount on that groupon?  For example, could i buy 10 of em and use them all on 1 transaction? 
    ·
    I dunno.  SWMBO bought it.  I seriously doubt it.  But it did work to pre-pay for the lump, which they had to order.  The Ace people were like - yeah, we been gettin' these all day....

·
  • Sweet deal man!!  If I can use 2 or 3 combined, I can create some damage.  Thanks!

·
  • Some Aces around here sell BGE's and Kamado Joes. 
    ·
    Subscribe to groupon if you aren't already, and keep your eyes open.  This was about a month ago.

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Went to collect my lump from Ace only to find out someone else ordered 3 bags and walked out with 4 incl mine! I wonder if they are on this forum... Oh well they re ordered it.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    I used WGWW on an overnight this past weekend. 17 1/2 hours. I'm sure there is still,plenty left. Very impressed.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·