Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Hilarious NYT Review of Guy Fieri's New Times Square Restaurant

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Why does he always wear sweat bands? I'll say it again. He's a clown, an entertainer. He is popular, successful and may be a culinary expert...but he looks ridiculous.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Le Cirque my le dirk....................funny

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Love that he took his reading glasses off the back of his head.
  • This video is not available in your country. WTF? I'm not in the Sudan or nothin'

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• This video is not available in your country. WTF? I'm not in the Sudan or nothin'

The People's Republic of Kannuckistan (really wish I had a backwards K font right now)

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    You floppy-headed godless Canadian terrorists are paying the price for the overtime win in the 2010 Olympic hockey gold medal game.  ;)
  • I may be able to pick up a domain name out of Burma, no sorry, Myannmar and get to watch it, Estonia has ample too

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    You need to go through a proxy in the states.  That's friggin' nuts - why do they block comedy?  I don't think it's very funny.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    Seriously though, that review is so obviously over-the-top, I think it's meant to be humorous more than critical.  It's actually well on it's way to being internet meme.  Soon, it'll be on snopes - "is it real?", then SNL will be doing a skit on it - they'll probably bring back Dan Aykroid or Bill Murray to play the critic, John Belushi's brother to play Guy.  Mark my words!

Anyway time for more martinis, preferably one that doesn't glow green like nuclear waste ;)
    I really hate to quote myself, but who called it on "SNL"?  Huh?! Huh?!  nola(MFing)egghead did, be-otches. (still a little off because I missed the guest appearances....."MARK MY WORDS!!!")
    edited December 2012

Haters gonna hate.  Dude is laughing all the way to the bank.  He loves BBQ and competition BBQ, rolls around in a cherry Camaro highlighting the mom and pop joints around the country, drinks beer with Kid Rock.  Besides, he could always go back to Flowmaster... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I_l7xVuMPP4

He's cool in my book.  WGAFRA if his education isn't culinary?  There are eggers that could smoke some five star chefs.

Guy took the high road with Pete's over-the-top review.  Even read where he gave out free stuff on Fallon to all the guests. 

Stay classy Guy, got nuthin' but love for ya homey.

B-)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    No idea- thanks for that @The Cen-Tex Smoker .   You never know what will prompt the greater good from anyone.  And today it is never more important.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I know some of us like to rip on Guy’s tv persona (me) but gotta give credit where credit is due. 

He has raised over $20,000,000 for restaurant workers in 6 the last weeks

he has been a huge contributor to operation bbq relief and he has done some amazing work with the LGBTQ community in honor of his late sister. 

Turns out in this day of self absorbed douchey celebrities, he only dresses like one. Seems like a real stand up...Guy on the inside. Good for him. 
    No chit. This has been common knowledge for years. At least you had the nads to fess up. Others certainly won’t. 
  • I know some of us like to rip on Guy’s tv persona (me) but gotta give credit where credit is due. 

He has raised over $20,000,000 for restaurant workers in 6 the last weeks

he has been a huge contributor to operation bbq relief and he has done some amazing work with the LGBTQ community in honor of his late sister. 

Turns out in this day of self absorbed douchey celebrities, he only dresses like one. Seems like a real stand up...Guy on the inside. Good for him. 
    No chit. This has been common knowledge for years. At least you had the nads to fess up. Others certainly won’t. 
    I’m not “fessing up” to anything. I still hate watching him. His TV schtick is like nails on a chalkboard to my soul. 

I can still happily give credit where credit is due. I’m pretty sure I said somewhere on here that I’m sure he’s a good guy but it’s his schtick I hate. That has not changed. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,823
    What happened to the restaurant? 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,823
    This thread is amazing by the way.  A snippet:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    With the NY Times’ record on truth telling I wouldn't be surprised if the author never actually went there . 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• With the NY Times’ record on truth telling I wouldn't be surprised if the author never actually went there . 
    I went there. Dude nailed it. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited May 2020

Ha ha. Forgot Ray jumped in on this one. Somehow he got on the wrong side of little Steven a few years before. He was calling everyone trying to set up some kind of hijinx. I asked what pissed him off so bad and he had some vague story about his friend getting snubbed by Ray at a fest somewhere. I guess he thought he big-timed him or something. 

Then I realized he was just like Michael Jordan finding anything to build a beef against his perceived enemies. Funny stuff. 

• nolaegghead
    I never said Guy was a bad person, my contention was always that he was just a tacky bro.  He is a great businessman and has a personality that makes the cornfield mafia wet.  All the power to him.
    It would appear that Fieddie's Times Square joint went out of business in Jan 2018.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/01/05/news/guy-fieri-restaurant/index.html

I didn't like him when I first saw him on Food Network Star. Too bad he won. He might be a great guy, but I can't stand his schtick.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,099
    It would appear that Fieddie's Times Square joint went out of business in Jan 2018.

I didn't like him when I first saw him on Food Network Star. Too bad he won. He might be a great guy, but I can't stand his schtick.
    I think you missed the point of CenTex bumping this thread. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831

I think you missed the point of CenTex bumping this thread. 
    Wouldn't surprise me. Happens all the time. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,983
    He had helped out a couple places in Kentucky with his show. They certainly appreciated him and enjoyed the personality he brought to their business.

He has kept in touch as well. These folks helped him make money, and he has given back.

I will admit hitting up his places. There is/was a location in Nor Cal semi close to our research center. It was a popular "go to" for lunch. Frequently they did carry out.

Expectations were met. TGI Fridays quality, California pricing. The place seemed to be always full.

Since I started cooking and building a wine catalog....just not been going out much anymore, if ever.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,300

Damn, you f'ers ran Dr. BBQ off too?
    Assh0les
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,596
    ColtsFan said:

Damn, you f'ers ran Dr. BBQ off too?
    Assh0les
    Agree, they ran off BGC too.  Probably some other celebrities I’ve never heard of.
  • nolaegghead
    I only feel terrible about when we ran off Sir Anthony Hopkins.  We had a heated discussion of the merits of fava beans and Chianti.