Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smell them ribs

Options
SpiceCooks
SpiceCooks Posts: 80
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I can just smell those ribs now. Smoking with a few apple chips. Cooking them the 3-2-1 method after rubbing them with JJ's rub. It rules! The sauce is on the stove simmering and smells so good I wish it was time to eat now. It is so great to have humpty back in action.

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    SpiceCooks, I can smell those ribs from here! Glad to see that you got your BGE back in action - havea great weekend - it's comming down in buckets here.[p]

• Unknown
    Options
    SpiceCooks,
    What is the 3-2-1 method?

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    iR1, check out the link for pictures and description. At about 250 degrees dome... 3 hours, then 2 hours in foil followed by the last hour out of the foil. Don't knock the foil until you've tried it -- I've started puting the ribs on direct for the latt 45-60 minutes.[p]George T's original post...

[p]Posted by George T. on October 19, 1999 at 18:46:25: [p]In Reply to: Advice on baby backs ? posted by Steve L. on October 18, 1999 at 12:31:56:[p]
    [p]Steve I use a 3,2,1 method. Mustard, JJ's Rub, prepare smoker to 250. I use a drip pan that sits on 3 ceramic bricks. Cook for 3 hours at 250 (you can spray hourly with apple juice if you want). Cook for 2 hours wrapped in foil...spray with apple juice before wrapping. Cook for 1 hour unwrapped. If you like your ribs with sauce... put it on during the last hour. I will guarantee the meat will fall off the bones. As to the taste...you be the judge.[p][p]
    [ul][li]3-2-1[/ul]
  • SpiceCooks
    SpiceCooks Posts: 80
    Options
    Gfw,
    We are very glad that the EGG is back in action again. We had southwestern chicken sandwiches the other night that were to die for. Glad you got your pulled pork cooked. That will be our project for the 4th. We are having trouble trying to find a local butcher but we will keep looking. Good luck with your pork.