Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

BGE updates

So Saturday I had about a15 min gap between places I had to be that morning so I stopped by local Ace. Looking at the Eggs few things stood out. Now I just bought mine in March but I noticed the slide is much much improved. Seemed heartier and had black plastic tabs so not grabbing metal. The handles are better put together as well. The gasket seemd twice as thick and much higher quality. Also the inside piece has divets or cutaway that the plant setter drops right into. Overall I liked every change and was very jealous.
Boom

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 19,591
    They removed the finger-slicing razor feature from the damper!?  Emergency clinic doctors united union DOTH PROTEST!

• misumisu Posts: 213
    yep, took this crappy picture at eggtoberfest but I forgot to share it

• HicHic Posts: 350
    Don't be jealous about the gasket. I cooked @ Eggtoberfest and the BGE I cooked on'sgasket was coming off by the end of the day. I wasn't even doing anything over 400.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.