Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Chile Relleno (Non Fried)

The wife asked for more healthy food, so I had this idea of Chile Rellenos that I had a few years ago.

Roasted a few Poblano Peppers and then put them in a bag, and let them sit for about 15 minutes. Pulled them out and the skin came off easy.

For the Mixture. Brown Rice, Cilantro, Tomato, little Habanero Cheese, and grilled shrimp with a little dizzy pig. After I stuffed the Chile's I rolled them in Panko Crumbs and then put them on at 350 for about 30Minutes, after that poured a some Green Chile sauce on each (Didnt want them to get soggy).

The dish came out amazing, also had some of my famous Borracho Beans brewing throught out the day so that was a nice side.

Dont Know if it was heathy but it was damn good. Will make this one again.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments