Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

DigiQ + iGrill

Hello
First time post-er, long time reader.  I have been using the DigiQ for a long time now with great results.  I have been watching the iGrills as well lately since I like the idea of the iPad interface for low & slows.  However, the idea of two probes to measure temperature seems a bit much. Since both use a 3.5mm jack, was wondering if you could use a headphone splitter and have one probe run both devices.  Anyone try it?  Also, I am intrigued by their predicted time to finish feature - has anyone used this with good results?

Thanks for indulging a newbie!
·

Comments

• I have both and would not waste your money on IGrill.  The battery does not last that long and DigiQ much more accurate.  
    ·
  • I have both and like both. The DigiQ is a much nicer piece of equipment and much more expensive. The iGrill is good for what it does. I use rechargeable AA batteries and they work fine. The iGrill is nice if you cook in cold weather so you can keep an eye on the temps indoors.

I just cooked two pork butts and used both the DigiQ and the iGrill at the same time with good results.
    ·
  • Sell the Digi and get a cyberQ...My bad I dont have the Digi I have the CyberQ and can control fan from anywhere!!  It kicks iGrill butt
    ·