Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DigiQ + iGrill

Options
Hello
First time post-er, long time reader.  I have been using the DigiQ for a long time now with great results.  I have been watching the iGrills as well lately since I like the idea of the iPad interface for low & slows.  However, the idea of two probes to measure temperature seems a bit much. Since both use a 3.5mm jack, was wondering if you could use a headphone splitter and have one probe run both devices.  Anyone try it?  Also, I am intrigued by their predicted time to finish feature - has anyone used this with good results?

Thanks for indulging a newbie!

Comments

• ttexxan
    Options
    I have both and would not waste your money on IGrill.  The battery does not last that long and DigiQ much more accurate.  
  • jeroldharter
    Options
    I have both and like both. The DigiQ is a much nicer piece of equipment and much more expensive. The iGrill is good for what it does. I use rechargeable AA batteries and they work fine. The iGrill is nice if you cook in cold weather so you can keep an eye on the temps indoors.

I just cooked two pork butts and used both the DigiQ and the iGrill at the same time with good results.
  • ttexxan
    Options
    Sell the Digi and get a cyberQ...My bad I dont have the Digi I have the CyberQ and can control fan from anywhere!!  It kicks iGrill butt