Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sorta OT...Low Carb Bread

This wasn't made on the BGE, but it was dang good nonetheless.  I simply used my Oster bread maker.  It was very easy and a very good recipe for those of us who are trying to watch our carbs. 

http://www.food.com/recipe/best-low-carb-bread-bread-machine-102631

Only about 2 carbs per slice, and it's packed full of protein and fiber.  Can't wait to make a sandwich for lunch tomorrow!  :)  I've been missing my bread this past week.  :)

Comments

• PSHome
    PSHome Posts: 41
    Next time try in on the bge.  We cook bread all the time on the bge (ps feet up, grid, then some fire bricks and a pizza stone).  Great texture, crust, and taste.  

• PSHome
    By the way nice recipe. Will give it a try.

• Beautiful, looks deeelishous
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    That is some really tasty looking bread Dyal.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Looks good.  Printed this out and will try soon.  Read a few reviews and some people used coconut flour instead of soy flour, some used a pinch of salt and someone used it as dough for a deep dish pizza.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Trying this later today - what kind of seeds did you add? Also I couldn't find soy flour so trying coconut flour - hope that's ok
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • PSHome said:
    Next time try in on the bge.  We cook bread all the time on the bge (ps feet up, grid, then some fire bricks and a pizza stone).  Great texture, crust, and taste.  

@PSHome do you have any pics of your bread step on the Egg?
    It's an obsession, but it's pleasin'
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,050
    NDG said:

Trying this later today - what kind of seeds did you add? Also I couldn't find soy flour so trying coconut flour - hope that's ok

I use whole flax seeds instead of grinding them up. Each time I've grinded them, the bread did not turn out well. Leaving them whole seems to do the trick.

• PSHome
    Took a quick look, but didn't find any saved pics of bread in the egg pic.  Set up is basically plate sitter feet up, grid and a pizza stone either on the grid or elevated slightly off the gird.  Egg temp and time are basically whatever the recipe calls for...personal experiences tell me the egg cooks a little more like a convection oven, so cook times are a little quicker.  Oh, I always cook bread directly on the pizza stone.  If you're going the route of a bread pan, then you can probably just put the pan on the grid at felt level. 

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Well my bread came out of my bread machine and tasted decent (all you can hope for) but it sure didnt have a great the great "loaf" appearance like yours did.  I did not take a pic before slicing it, but here is a pic of the bread on the cast iron making a big ole' Ruben.  You can see the strange shape on the top of the bread, reminds me of a mountain range.  Next time I will try whole flax seeds instead of the flax seed meal (100% ground flax seed) that I used this time.  Thanks for the idea.  image
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is”