Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Barbacoa Chuckie A La Centex

2»

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,646
    And i know the guy to RUIN it. Seriously...that was some good looking tacos. Loved the pickled onion idea and good choice on the cheese. Street tacos never looked so good.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Griffin said:
    And i know the guy to RUIN it. Seriously...that was some good looking tacos. Loved the pickled onion idea and good choice on the cheese. Street tacos never looked so good.
    I just know i"ll be changing my name to juanita if we use our friend to run the votes. 

Thanks man. They were really good. TFJ killed the braise liquid and the onions. They take minutes to make and they were perfect. All i really did was smoke the chucky which I can do in my sleep (pretty sure i did too).

Was a lot of fun though. Got to do it together which is kind of rare. We usually split it up but this time we got to work on the whole thing together. 

·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 1,838
    Great looking cook/pics.  That taco looked delish.  Thanks for posting/inspiring.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,064
    Excellent!  I bookmarked this post.  Gotta hafta try it soon. 
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • Dannyo14Dannyo14 Posts: 12
    What type of wood did you use to smoke?  I find a lot of woods overpower the beef and I think your sauce sounds good enough that I don't want to take away from it?
    ·
  • Looks great!  Straight to the top of my todo list.  Thanks!
    Simi Valley, California
    ·
  • we did this at the eggfest yesterday. I didn't get to eat any but it went over pretty well. It's good and it keeps very well too.

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,914
    It's aliiive!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,046
    edited April 2013
    It's aliiive!

barely........It may have been 5 minutes from my house but that was a sketchy 5 minutes :))

·
  • Tell me if I got this right. You smoke the chuck first, then make a separate sauce to braise it in (per the recipe), do the braising in a Dutch oven.
    Judy in San Diego
    ·
  • Tell me if I got this right. You smoke the chuck first, then make a separate sauce to braise it in (per the recipe), do the braising in a Dutch oven.

you have it right......

·
  • I did this the other night.  Not as complicated as it looks and tasted great.  Thanks for the receipi.  I am now legendary at my work.
    ·
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 579
    You know I gotta cook this now. I'm thinking about doing the braise part in my pressure cooker.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
    ·
  • wow- little blast from the past. We still do it all the time. Glad you enjoyed it. It was all stolen from others but screw those guys :))

·