Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Barbacoa Chuckie A La Centex

The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 11,142
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
I guess pulled beef tacos were in the air this week so I decided to throw my hat in the ring. Did a 4 lb chuckie rubbed with adobado rub from Central market bulk spice section. This is essentially 3 chili powders, cumin, salt, pepper, and mexican oregano. You can get close with any combo of those flavors. It's not the overall flavor of the beef but it adds a layer. Here it is all rubbed up and ready to go: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos After 6 hours at 165 internal, I pulled it off the egg and placed it in the braise: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos After a 3 hr braise at 275, the chuckie reached 210 internal and was totally falling apart: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos TFJ made some pickled spicy onions that were a perfect addition to the tacos: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Tacos were served with avocado, cilantro, cojita cheese and lime: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos And here is the finished product: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I'll post the recipe and step by step later

Comments