Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Barbacoa Chuckie A La Centex

The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 11,081
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
I guess pulled beef tacos were in the air this week so I decided to throw my hat in the ring. Did a 4 lb chuckie rubbed with adobado rub from Central market bulk spice section. This is essentially 3 chili powders, cumin, salt, pepper, and mexican oregano. You can get close with any combo of those flavors. It's not the overall flavor of the beef but it adds a layer. Here it is all rubbed up and ready to go: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos After 6 hours at 165 internal, I pulled it off the egg and placed it in the braise: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos After a 3 hr braise at 275, the chuckie reached 210 internal and was totally falling apart: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos TFJ made some pickled spicy onions that were a perfect addition to the tacos: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Tacos were served with avocado, cilantro, cojita cheese and lime: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos And here is the finished product: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I'll post the recipe and step by step later

Comments