Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

How to fix broken top?

My ceramic damper top slipped out of my hand and broke.  It looks like the pieces will fit together pretty well, but is there a particular glue or epoxy I should use to repair it?
·

Comments

• Jb weld. Available at most hardware stores and on amazon.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,218
    JB weld is the shizznit.  Handles heat - peeps use it to glue broken fire boxes back together.  The ceramic top doesn't get very hot, so you could also probably get away with a more common adhesive like 5 minute epoxy.

·
  • Thanks everyone.  I'll pick up the JB Weld tonight.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,047
    edited December 2012
    +1 JB Weld - duct tape in a tube..... for the handy man.

Another epoxy might give you a more seamless repair, if looks are important to you. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • MO_EgginMO_Eggin Posts: 128
    Broke mine about 2 months ago and fixed with JB Weld.  Not the best looking repair, but works fine even when shutting down from pizza temps.
    LBGE, St. Louis, MO
    ·