Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Time for Ribeyes

After a good bit of sweat equity I am finally enjoying my new table. 
#1.jpg 2.5M
#6.jpg 3.2M
#6.jpg 3.2M
#2.jpg 2.7M
#4.jpg 2.2M
#3.jpg 3.2M
·

Comments

• RACRAC Posts: 1,497
    Very nice ! Man I wish I could build something like that.

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • Beautiful, I'd have to keep that in the house
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Thanks guys! Trust me, I am an amateur. The idea for the LED flashlight mounted on a flexible microphone stand comes from Nolaegghead....works great..nice idea!!
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,938
    Hey, I just noticed that - awesome!

·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    edited December 2012
    Very nice. That wood is beautiful. Mine will be on the way from Springfield, LA in a couple weeks. Where did you get the LED, I may have to add that as well. Go Tigers, Clemson it is I guess.
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,003
    That is a beautiful table.  What heat barrier are you using under the egg?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • ZickZick Posts: 171
    One of the nicer tables I have seen. Congrats! And ENJOY!
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
    ·
  • Plano_JJ said:
    Very nice. That wood is beautiful. Mine will be on the way from Springfield, LA in a couple weeks. Where did you get the LED, I may have to add that as well. Go Tigers, Clemson it is I guess.

I ended up buying the rope LED lights from Home Depot and used the black plastic electrical straps to mount them in a concealed manner.  Works very well.  I have some in the cavity where the egg is located as well as in the cavity to the far left where the door is located.  Also, I have a 12fter under the table...provides the perfect effect.  Everyone loves the lights...haha

Be sure to post pictures of your new table.  Geaux Tigers!!

·
  • dlk7 said:

Thanks!!  I have a slab of granite beneath the egg...but I also dug up the three BGE feet that came with my egg and placed them between the egg and the granite.  I had the BGE cypress factory table and I used only two 12sq pieces of ceramic tile.  If you search you will see my posting of how the wood was charred beneath the tile. 

·
  • dlk7 said:

How do you like that looft lighter?  It's on my list for sure.

·