Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Egg Setting Question

When placing an egg in a table, is it better to let the egg rest on a slab of granite or use the feet and have a space underneath  (or does it make a difference?)

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,387
    both.  You want an air gap and you don't want anything flammable like wood under that air gap because it gets damn hot.

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,387
    If you get the nest, it raises it up high enough so wood would probably be ok.  The feet don't.  You don't need granite, you can just use some tiles or bricks.

• or you can have you a Blacksmith make you one of these. :)
    IMG_0836.jpg
    800 x 449 - 78K
    Brandon, MS
  • TN_EggerTN_Egger Posts: 107
    Not having a table and still cooking in the nest, I second Nola's suggestion.  But I have another question...once your table is built, how the hell do you drop the egg into the hole?  Must take 4 guys.

Monteagle, TN

one large and one small

• TN_Egger said:
    Not having a table and still cooking in the nest, I second Nola's suggestion.  But I have another question...once your table is built, how the hell do you drop the egg into the hole?  Must take 4 guys.
    Easy....just disassemble the whole thing. I took out all the internal parts, took the lid off, and simply set the base in the table....then put it all back together. No help required.

Or, some people have reported good luck with using a device called a pot lifter....you can buy them on Amazon. I'm cheap, and impatient...so I took mine apart!