Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Sweden

So we have one of my wife's friends who lives in Sweden come stay with us for 2 weeks soon.
Anything cool from Sweden I should have her bring? Might give her some $ and have her bring me some stuff if anything cool. I'm into hunting and fishing and of course grilling.
Boom
·

Comments

• Mora knives. Google them.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    Maybe a few swimsuit models... :D

Seriously though, if, and I know they don't make this in Sweden, but they probably sell it there (and not here) the friend can get a hold of some real black forest ham from Bavaria - ain't no better thing to eat on the planet.

·
  • +1 on the Mora's, we can get them at Bushcraft Canada, I have a gutting knife, works well and holds a nice edge, a hunter's knife - have no idea if they make "kitchen" knives. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Thanks for tip. I'll have her check. I'd love a skinning/gutting knife.
    Any idea on the price of one?
    Boom
    ·
  • Also can you recommend a few? I figure this is a opportunity I won't have often, to get something from Sweden without paying shipping and/or something that's hard to get in states.
    Boom
    ·
  • @nolaegghead I dunno if she can bring food. How would she transport that that'd be cost effective?
    Boom
    ·

@nolaegghead I dunno if she can bring food. How would she transport that that'd be cost effective?
    She could duct-tape it to her belly and I think she wouldn't have to buy a second ticket :D

I would think you could bring in at least some food - I honestly don't know the regs on that. 

This stuff is "the bomb" (maybe not a good idea to bring it on a plane).  We'd get one as a gift every Christmas when we lived in Heidelberg.

http://www.adler-schinken.de/cms/int/index.php?seite=produkte-schinken2

·
  • @nolaegghead so have her try for Adler specifically?
    Boom
    ·
    I think they're the original, but there are some other operations down there.  They smoke with fir needles - it will blow your mind.

·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,363
    Looftlighter is a Swedish invention but it's probably cheaper to buy it in USA.
    Vaughan, ON
    ·
  • I think they're the original, but there are some other operations down there.  They smoke with fir needles - it will blow your mind.

could we not do that on the egg?
    Boom
    ·

I think they're the original, but there are some other operations down there.  They smoke with fir needles - it will blow your mind.

It's basically a cure with a long cold smoke, and lots of aging, could be as long as a year.  Similar to prosciutto but with a fir smoke.

·
  • Anyone have suggestions with specific Mora knives to get? It looks like they are pretty cheap so I will prolly get several
    Boom
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,914
    edited December 2012

It's basically a cure with a long cold smoke, and lots of aging, could be as long as a year.  Similar to prosciutto but with a fir smoke.
    There is also a cured smoked lamb called fenalar (sp?) that is amazing as well.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,628

Bought one of these Rosewood/SS fish spatulas from Sweden by Sveico.  Versatile tool and good quality.  Pairs nicely with the CI.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-NEW-Sveico-fish-spatula-SS-teakwood-Sweden-/120479458927?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c0d22a66f

"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun.
     And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son."--Josh Thompson

Brandon
    Quad Cities

·
  • Thanks for tip. I'll have her check. I'd love a skinning/gutting knife. Any idea on the price of one?
    Mine was <$50, it has a "deluxe" handle, same steel was available for <$30. Had it for at least 10 years. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·

• Thanks for tip. I'll have her check. I'd love a skinning/gutting knife.
    Any idea on the price of one?

Mine was <$50, it has a "deluxe" handle, same steel was available for <$30. Had it for at least 10 years. 
    What's the model name?
    Boom
    ·