Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatchcock Chicken

Options
2»

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    jleon401 said:

Dumb question, but if I don't ask I will never know! What does everyone use when cooking raised?

Weber grid...nuts, washer and bolts.

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Options
    Thats a good idea.  Do you have to raise the pan off the platesetter or add any liquid?
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    I use empty beer cans to lift a weber grid, it's the most fun you can have while building a raised grid
  • gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    Options
    I have done indirect which solves the smoke from fat dripping on the lump problem. The thing I didn't like about it was the skin was even less crisp this way. It is already not crisp enough direct this just added to he problem. And no I have not tried leaving in the fridge uncovered. Cooking chicken should not have to be be a 2 day process. One of my pet peeves about the egg.
    George
  • burr_baby33
    Options
    Spatched chicken is one of the best and easiest thing to cook. Raised, low, direct or indirect, flip or not it will be wonderful as long as we cook to internal temp. It is very forgiving, always good. My wife likes the ribbons crispy so I cook bones down. When it gets close to pull temp, if skin is not crispy enough I will flip it.
  • Stacyk
    Stacyk Posts: 19
    Options
    So I pulled this recipe out tonight. Used soft butter to coat the skin and then added liberal coat of Dizzy Dust (was going to use the new coffee rub but wasn't sure how the kids would react). Also injected apple juice/ vinegar combo. Result was amazing and very crisp skin as well.