Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Chuck Roast for Pulled Beef

SmokinDAWG82
SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
Started a couple of chuck roasts this morning, Just moved them to foil IT was 167.
More pics to follow.
LBGE
Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA

Comments

• ...... waiting ........  :-w

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• VI, I'm targeting 7:30 so have another drink or 2 and I'll be with you!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • VI, I'm targeting 7:30 so have another drink or 2 and I'll be with you!
    I'll drink to that !   :D

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• OK as promised...
    2 chuck roast rubbed in EVOO and Cow Lick, 5 Hours at 250 Dome, IT was 167 Put em in an aluminum pan added 1 cup Beef Broth and 1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon sealed with 2 layers of AF Cooked another 2 hours till IT was around 208. Pulled and let rest for about 20 minutes, pulled and cleaned

Used Griffin's idea and went with tacos, onions cilantro, and a tomatillo salsa served with some sauteed Brussels sprouts, and a few glasses of the wine just so it didn't go to waste. Great meal and lots of ideas for the leftovers.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Now THAT'S what I'm talking about !

Nice job!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Tacos look great!  Prepared just the way I like them.

Just for fun, next time you do pulled beef, leave it on the egg the whole time until the internal temp reaches 205-210.  I really think you'll like the finished product.  You get a great bark this way.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Nicely done. I had to do it again after all the talk about it last week. I'll get my pictures up in a little bit.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• One thing I left off that I think was important. When I took the meat off I poured all the juice into a container and stuck it in the freezer. Once it cooled I scraped all the fat off and poured the juice back into the pulled meat. I think this really helped to moisten the meat. It was great!

SWMBO now wants me to do something with the pulled beef and Horseradish. Anybody got any ideas?
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • MJQ8
    MJQ8 Posts: 43

Meat and pics look great. Nice goin'... OK, now off topic for a bit...Great game and season! Congrats! Good luck in the bowl game. Look forward to pulling for the Dawgs nest season as well.

Any cook you can walk away from is a good one.
    500 Posts: 3,177

SmokinDAWG82 said:
    SWMBO now wants me to do something with the pulled beef and Horseradish. Anybody got any ideas?
    I would make Beef on Weck sandwiches.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited December 2012
    One thing I left off that I think was important. When I took the meat off I poured all the juice into a container and stuck it in the freezer. Once it cooled I scraped all the fat off and poured the juice back into the pulled meat. I think this really helped to moisten the meat. It was great!

I usually do this, as well, but his time ended up with hardly any juice left over. Guess i went to foil to late. When I went to cool it, it was mostly fat and no juice. Was still good.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings