Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looks like I'll be joining you.

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just ordered a large Egg with nest and wings today, while I was at it also ordered a plate setter and a draft door for my Guru. I'm guessing that should be all I need to get cooking. -RP

Comments

• Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    AZRP,[p]Welcome to the club! Are you an experienced bbq/smoke/griller, or a newbie? Either way you are in for a treat!! For most of us, the Egg is one of our most treasured possessions.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    AZRP, Welcome aboard! What part of AZ are you? There are other eggers in your state and the one who comes to mind is Love Handles in Lake Havasu who with his son do some pretty fancy paint work.

[ul][li]Love Handles custom paint portfolio[/ul]
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • AZRP,
    Welcome...it will consume you! I went from once a year on a weber to 2x a week on the egg. You are in for a treat!

• RRP,
    I'm in Tucson and I've been low and slow cooking on a WSM for about three years. I learned how to cook pork shoulder from my father in law in North Carolina twenty two years ago. We built a cooker by standing up a 55 gal drum, put a door in the bottom third for the coal, and a grate 2/3 of the way to the top. We controlled the temp with the bung hole plug. I've still got that cooker but quit using it when I got the WSM. So if what you guys say about the Egg is true, my WSM may have to move into storage with my barrel cooker. -RP

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    AZRP,
    I kinda wondered when you mentioned also ordering the adapter for your Guru so I figured you were no newbie to quing. You'll find the BGE to be a terrific piece and with the ceramic aspect with heat retention you'll have heat uniformity via control. As for the boneyard for your other cookers you can have my top of the line Ducane I bought two years before becoming an egger. My Ducane is a mouse condo now and will be hauled off this summer!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    AZRP,[p]I bet you can find some decent cabrito in Tucson -- hard to find in Los Angeles, surprisingly. If you have never had true bbq cabrito, you will be amazed. [Baby goat -- better than lamb.]