Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Finished Ribs early...best way to keep warm?

TDAuburnTDAuburn Posts: 12
Just finished my ribs early...wahts the best way to keep them warm.  Just wrap in foil?  Put in oven? Or some combination...trying not to overcook them but want them to stay warm...thanks in advance!

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,862
    FTC (foil, towels and a cooler) and you can hold for quite a while.  Yopu may want to remove and toss them back on the BGE for a few minutes just before serving to firm them up.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,902
    I have been known to tent them for 2-3 hours while waiting on other items.  Throw on BGE just before serving for a little warm-up.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,348
    If your oven has a warm setting, you can wrap them in foil and keep them in there.  Regardless of how you keep them warm or even if they cool down,  you can throw them back on the egg before serving like Richard_Fl said. 

• Awesome - thanks for the quick responses!
  • This time of year, the heat is on in the house, I tend to foil and oven (FO?), summer time I stand guard in my favorite lawn chair with the ribs safely FTC'd.   
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.