Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finished Ribs early...best way to keep warm?

Options
TDAuburn
TDAuburn Posts: 14
Just finished my ribs early...wahts the best way to keep them warm.  Just wrap in foil?  Put in oven? Or some combination...trying not to overcook them but want them to stay warm...thanks in advance!

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    FTC (foil, towels and a cooler) and you can hold for quite a while.  Yopu may want to remove and toss them back on the BGE for a few minutes just before serving to firm them up.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I have been known to tent them for 2-3 hours while waiting on other items.  Throw on BGE just before serving for a little warm-up.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    If your oven has a warm setting, you can wrap them in foil and keep them in there.  Regardless of how you keep them warm or even if they cool down,  you can throw them back on the egg before serving like Richard_Fl said. 
    Awesome - thanks for the quick responses!
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    This time of year, the heat is on in the house, I tend to foil and oven (FO?), summer time I stand guard in my favorite lawn chair with the ribs safely FTC'd.   
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!