Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New Egger here - first cook - Ribs - need help

Hi all - I'm Josh from Toronto. Just got my LBGE delivered today. I decided for my first cook I would try ribs.

I got the egg lit up and stabilized it at about 260 dome. I put the ribs on but the temperature has dropped to about 240. I opened up the daisy wheel and the bottom vent, but it doesn't seem to be heating back up. I'm tempted to add more lump, but thought I'd check with the forum first. After reading a number of posts here, I didn't put too much lump in for this cook. A few handfuls at most.

A kind of secondary question - is there a difference in opening the top vent vs the bottom? I've kept them sort of equal "openness", but figured I'd ask if one open more than the other does something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-- Josh

Comments