Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best grill extender for the medium

Hello, I would like to get an extender for my medium so I can smoke 2 cuts of meat at the same time. Seen one at Fred's music and Q but not sure of the quality. I put my gas smoker up for sale and need increased capacity on the egg. thanks
·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,342
    The BGE folding grill extender fits perfectly in the medium from what I recall.

Cheers
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • CGW1CGW1 Posts: 332
    There will be a 2 tier swing rack available for the small and medium egg very shortly
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
    ·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,402
    edited December 2012

One of the drawbacks of the medium Egg...not so many accessory options. IMO

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • As noted the MBGE has few accessories, some dealers use this to up-sell to a LBGE. The BGE folding rack extender is a useless POS, IMHO. My dealer gave me a full refund when I took it back and he tried to use it. Somewhere on this forum there is a post of someone who finally found a use for it, he drops it right on the burning lump as a Trex grid. 

Grill Dome makes some not too sophisticated, but very good quality extenders. I have both the medium and small, former for raised direct, latter for tiered. I picked up the medium for <$15 at a 50% off clearance, the small from Amazon. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • CGW1 said:
    There will be a 2 tier swing rack available for the small and medium egg very shortly
    Sounds great! What is the ETA on this. I want to get one for Christmas so I can use it for New Years.
    ·
  • CGW1CGW1 Posts: 332
    @egghead_joel. That might be a stretch. But not much longer after the new yr.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
    ·