Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

al pastor help

I have searched but cant find the posting from someone who made their own vertical spit for the Egg to make al pastor. Does anyone have it bookmarked?
Clarendon Hills, IL
·

Comments

• it was zippylip and it was gyro. I was the one that suggeted it for al pastor in that thread but search zippy and see if it pops up

·
  • That's right. No wonder I couldn't find. Thanks Cen Tex!
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • That's right. No wonder I couldn't find. Thanks Cen Tex!

no worries. I can't wait to hear how it works out. For the record, I like Little Stevens rig better- it's food grade. It's in that thread too but he used the rod from a turkey fryer. I really want to try this very soon. Got brisket fever tonight though. Been months. I"m doing 1/2 brisket and 1/2 barbacoa. going to pickle my own onions tonight for the barbacoa. Just going to drink and cook all weekend

·
  • BuckeyeBobBuckeyeBob Posts: 645
    edited December 2012
    Thanks Again Cen Tex. Was thinking more about this. Thinking indirect is the way to go but wanted to see if anyone else has any thoughts. If I did use the Turkey Fryer rod in a pan, would that create the indirect or would I want to go platesetter?
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • I've never done it but I would go indirect by default. Really interested to see how this goes. Take lots of pics.

·