Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best grill extender for the medium

Hello, I would like to get an extender for my medium so I can smoke 2 cuts of meat at the same time. Seen one at Fred's music and Q but not sure of the quality. I put my gas smoker up for sale and need increased capacity on the egg. thanks

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,353
    The BGE folding grill extender fits perfectly in the medium from what I recall.

Cheers
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • CGW1CGW1 Posts: 332
    There will be a 2 tier swing rack available for the small and medium egg very shortly
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,431
    edited December 2012

One of the drawbacks of the medium Egg...not so many accessory options. IMO

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• As noted the MBGE has few accessories, some dealers use this to up-sell to a LBGE. The BGE folding rack extender is a useless POS, IMHO. My dealer gave me a full refund when I took it back and he tried to use it. Somewhere on this forum there is a post of someone who finally found a use for it, he drops it right on the burning lump as a Trex grid. 

Grill Dome makes some not too sophisticated, but very good quality extenders. I have both the medium and small, former for raised direct, latter for tiered. I picked up the medium for <$15 at a 50% off clearance, the small from Amazon. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • CGW1 said:
    There will be a 2 tier swing rack available for the small and medium egg very shortly
    Sounds great! What is the ETA on this. I want to get one for Christmas so I can use it for New Years.
  • CGW1CGW1 Posts: 332
    @egghead_joel. That might be a stretch. But not much longer after the new yr.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com