Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Monteray Jack-Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Chipotle and Bacon Slather

I'm not sure if Qjuju is on this forum, but he is the one who inspired me to make this.  It's from a BGE Cooking Tips magazine (pages 12 and 13)...

http://issuu.com/biggreenegg/docs/plank_cooking_79?mode=window&viewMode=doublePage

First, the chicken breasts are each pocketed with 2 slices of Monteray Jack Cheese (recipe calls for Pepperjack).

Then the Slather is applied (mixture of Mayo, Bacon, Green Onions and Chipotle in Adobo).

Then it's grilled up indirect on Cedar Planks at around a 350 - 375 deg f dome temperature.

It was even better than it looks in the pictures!  My wife made an awesome Zucchini dish to go with it too. 

Looks sinful, but it's actually a great dish for those of us on a low carb diet.  This recipe was a winner!  Will definitely make the rotation!

2014 Co-Wing King

Comments