Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Legs, Before and After

No big essay tonight.

Direct, raised grid, 400 for 35 minutes.  Marinated over night in Allegro Hot & Spicy.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Great looking legs. Question for you. I noticed you only had a small amount of lump in the egg. I think I tend to put too much in all my cooks. How do you judge how much lump rouse per cook?
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,565
    edited November 2012
    Unless you are pushing it to one side to create a direct and indirect zone (which is pretty much impossible except for the XL) you just fill to the top of the ring and control the temperature.

This one was on a LBGE and I cooked on the night before.  There was plenty of lump left over for tonight, so I just stirred it and lit it.

You never have to judge how much lump. unless you are running out, you just need to fill it up and  control temperature.

• jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 968
    I am comfortable enough with my manhood that I can tell another man: Those are some great looking legs you have there!

I was trying to figure out your setup to get a raised grid. Is the grid sitting on a Spider? TIA.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
    thanks for the great photos

mr toad
    In dog Beers - I have had only one !
  • GlennMGlennM Posts: 421
    Smoke or no smoke? I usually put the tray under my rack, do you find it's better direct?
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • HDmstngHDmstng Posts: 168
    Are you using the PSWoo3 for raised direct?  
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,239
    Simple and easy. Love me some hangin' chicken legs.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• HDmstng said:
    Are you using the PSWoo3 for raised direct?  
    Direct, with what I think is an older style Woo.  I don't remember any number associated with it, and it has nothing adjustable.

• jrf316jrf316 Posts: 55
    where can i get one of those racks?
    Visca Barca
    Mes Que Un Club

• Ace Hardware

• XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 579
    i have searched just about every store that allegro says it is sold at here and no one has the hot&spicey.  all they have if anything at all is the original.
  • I favor Dichickos for most things, and use teriyaki on some smokes, but the Hot & Spicy is just perfect for legs, and is pretty darned good on "London Broil".

• Nice rack Doc......nice legs too!
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,657
    edited November 2012

Filling up a Mini. Bone Sucking Sauce (6 legs) Direct

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now).