Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best price on thermapen

Asking santa for a new thermapen. Where is the best place, and best price? Seems they have gone up since I check last.

Eggo in MS
Eggo in N. MS
·

Comments

• Have you decided on a color yet, I think the red or pink have the quickest temperature reading.
    I got mine on Amazon
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,422
    I have a very fast orange and just got the faster green one.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Have you decided on a color yet, I think the red or pink have the quickest temperature reading.
    I got mine on Amazon
    Best price I've seen was from Thermoworks directly - they do have the odd sale, mine is the ultra fast "lady of the night" red - so fast you hardly know it happened....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • RocEGGRocEGG Posts: 85

Have you decided on a color yet, I think the red or pink have the quickest temperature reading.
    I got mine on Amazon
    Best price I've seen was from Thermoworks directly - they do have the odd sale, mine is the ultra fast "lady of the night" red - so fast you hardly know it happened....
    Yeah, I'd say keep an eye out on the thermoworks website. Got an ultimate super fast and timeless brown one during the sale a few months ago. I think  i paid $79 for this "closeout" color.
    Rochester, NY  - XL BGE
    ·
  • misumisu Posts: 213
    Thermoworks here too, look for sales. Got my British racing green a few years ago and added the zebra this year. Based on their names they have to be the fastest out there :)
    ·
  • GramblerGrambler Posts: 142
    Do they get faster than this one? 89 bucks on thermo site.
    image.jpg 525K
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,456
    Grambler said:
    Do they get faster than this one? 89 bucks on thermo site.
    Why yes they do!!   :D

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Mine is Greased Lightening Gray, I think it's the Fastest they sell! Just Sayin...
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    edited December 2012
    Thermoworks makes another instant read for $19 that has great reviews on Amazon.  Great alternative if you want to save some money.

http://www.amazon.com/RT600C-Super-fast-Water-resistant-Digital-Thermometer/dp/B002GE2XF8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354323989&sr=8-2&keywords=thermapen

Dishwasher safe.  Unreal.

·
  • This one is also quite good, settles within a few degrees in < 5 sec. 

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • eggoeggo Posts: 435
    Have you decided on a color yet, I think the red or pink have the quickest temperature reading.
    I got mine on Amazon
    I've decided on Crimson, as in Roll Tide. Some say they are pretty quick.
    Eggo in N. MS
    ·
  • JWBurnsJWBurns Posts: 334
    None better than the Big Green Egg Green one.. Just sayin
    ·