Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork roast tonight

I picked up a center cut boneless pork roast the other day....basically a hunk from the loin.

I cut some slits in the roast and inserted slivers of garlic, then made a rub from olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper.....and applied that to the roast and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours.

Got the Egg nice and hot and seared the roast...used a few apple chips too. Once it was seared, the plate setter went in, and the roast was finished at about 400°. I pulled the roast when the internal temp was 138°, was shooting for 135°, but I got sidetracked for a few minutes.  I also did some roasted carrots with some balsamic, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and bit of fresh ground nutmeg too.

Did not get any sliced pics, but I let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.....very juicy, tender, and great flavor. Carrots were nice too.
DSCN1898.JPG 158.8K
DSCN1911.JPG 216.6K

• Very nice.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 16,111
    Looks delicious.  Nice job seasoning.
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr., smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat 

• Thanks guys....was a pretty simple cook tonight. I was thinking about doing a stuffed loin like Hap did, but opted to take the easy way out. I got the roast all ready to go and then when out on the bike for a couple of hours....was a brisk 35° here.
  • No blame being cast here......just sayin:)
    And I'm just trying to squeeze out every bit of riding that I can before the white stuff flies and they start sanding/salting the roads.
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Great looking cook!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Awesome roast and nice veggies. I prefer the approach you took, rather than the stuffed route. Lots of nice seasoning and the loin can speak for itself. Thanks - looks really good. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,158
    A work of art, for sure. Looks fantastic.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Nice cut of meat egged to goodness.  Very nice.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX