Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pork roast tonight

I picked up a center cut boneless pork roast the other day....basically a hunk from the loin.

I cut some slits in the roast and inserted slivers of garlic, then made a rub from olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper.....and applied that to the roast and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours.

Got the Egg nice and hot and seared the roast...used a few apple chips too. Once it was seared, the plate setter went in, and the roast was finished at about 400°. I pulled the roast when the internal temp was 138°, was shooting for 135°, but I got sidetracked for a few minutes.  I also did some roasted carrots with some balsamic, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and bit of fresh ground nutmeg too.

Did not get any sliced pics, but I let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.....very juicy, tender, and great flavor. Carrots were nice too.
imageimage

Comments