Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Party Ideas

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm writing to request some ideas on what to cook for a pool party we're having. We'll have the requisite snacky stuff like chips and dips, but I really want to show off what the Egg can do. It has to be something easy that is good even after it cools down as I'd like to cook it right before everyone arrives. Any ideas on feeding a crowd (25-30 people)? Thanks!

Comments

• Smokin Bob
    Smokin Bob Posts: 239
    Options
    savannahgirl,[p]We always do Chicken "Wings" for parties of that size (10-12 lbs). They are great on the EGG and are perfectly good at room temp hours after they have been cooked. Of course they can be reheated but that rarely happens.[p]We just get out a few large bowls, marinate a few different versions (spicy, bbq, lemon pepper, etc) and then cook them up and drop them in the bowls. I like to cook them around 300 degrees for 45 minutes or so then open it up to grill them and get them slightly charred and crispy before they hit any other sauce. A party favorite![p]Cheers ~[p]B o B
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    savannahgirl, wings are a great idea. However, if you want to do something in addition, a pork tenderloin cooks very quickly and can be sliced for a mini-sammich with a small dinner roll. Use a simple mustard sauce or two and you're in business. You can put 5-6 tenderloins on at a time (if your budget can stand it). You can buy them pre-marinated in a variety of flavors making it very simple to do.

• katman
    katman Posts: 331
    Options
    savannahgirl,[p]How about chicken drumsticks? Cook em like wings, but less mess. Also, hard to beat pulled pork. Just pull it up and put it in a crock pot. Keep a tray of buns and slaw close.

• J Straus
    J Straus Posts: 54
    Options
    savannahgirl,[p]We do pizza parties for larger groups. Make up the dough, and all the condiments and sauce and cheese and then have people go through the line making pizzas (portion the dough so the pizzas end up small enough to fit 3 on at a time, rotating them on and off. We cut them and serve them on a platter for all to share each other's creation. Not as labor intensive as it sounds but someone will have to run the egg pretty much full time, but then they get the freshes stuff and don't have to move much. I do a 2/3 flour to 1/3 cornmeal and roll thin. people can make pizzas on a regular plate with cornmeal on it so that you can just slide the pizza on the stone, and then send the plate back to the line.[p]Justin

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    savannahgirl,
    Use skewers..... Lots of skewers
    3 shrimp on a skewer
    chicken breasts cut into 3 long strips and skewer
    fajita meat skewered
    smoked sausage on a skewer
    mushrooms on a skewer
    pineapple on a skewer
    chicken, mushroom, and pineapple, and sausage, SKEWERD