Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grilled Beef Tongue

Anyone ever tried it? 
·

Comments

• I think it was gdenby that just did some

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    edited November 2012
    I grew up on tongue, but my mom boiled it.  Haven't eaten it in years, but I remember my brother and I fighting over the tip because it was the leanest part of the tongue.

My wife gags when I mention it, so I will enjoy your tongue vicariously.  Pig tongue is even better than beef tongue.
    :(

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • I've never tried it, but it seems like it would lend itself best to braising. Just kickin' ideas.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  •  

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,589

I couldn't agree more!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Thanks man. I think this is a great place to express one's opinions

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,273
    I'd feel like I was french kissing a cow eating that....

·
  • i grew up eating tongue (lengua) tacos and would love to be able to make them myself!

LBGE, Smoke Hollow 4-in-1, Charbroil Big Easy, and Weber Smokey Joe.
    ·
  • ratcheerratcheer Posts: 189
    I love beef tongue. To me, it is like filet mignon, except tongue is better.

Tim
    ·
  • SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 411

I have no idea what grilled beef tongue would taste like.  I've had it in tacos, but I think it is roasted and shredded.  The flavor is delicious, a lot like a traditional roast beef.  I believe it's best suited for a low and slow type cook.

I totally understand being leery about trying it.  The fact that I blindly ordered "Dos tacos carne asada, y dos tacos con lengua" kept me from actually knowing I was eating tongue until after one taco was down.  Lucky for me, it was fantastic.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,456
    I've never grilled them, but when boiled they make great tacos!!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·