Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mothership is unbelievably understanding

So my wife bought me a Large BGE for a wedding present 5 years ago, she did so through emails and phone conversation, the receipt was emailed to her old maiden name email (which has since been deactivated).  So here I am with no reciept of my BGE and the store she purchased it at is out of business and no where to be found.  I have several cracks in my base and I am fearing it will continue to deteriorate with the cold weather, etc.  So I email BGE Corporate and tell them my story and I get back a short email from very nice guy, that he is comfortable that I am the original owner and all claims will go through corporate.  I was floored, as we have all dealt with customer service reps from other places and they treat the customer like crap.  My loyalty to BGE was already strong, but now I feel like a part of the family.
·

Comments

• jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 962
    As a new owner of an Egg, that is good to hear. I'm curious, did you register it online with the serial number after you bought it?
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    They are great to deal with I had a ceramic top stick to the BGE cover and came loose before I realized it. I sent a email just to see if I could go about getting a replacement one and they ended up giving me a new one and some gasket material to make it more secure in the future. Now I don't know too many other companies that would do that since technically I was at fault. I am one Eggstatic Customer as well! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • No I didn't know you could register them online, had I done so, I wouldn't have needed to contact the Mothership from what I hear.  I thought I would have to buy a new egg, this was a great day.
    ·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,361
    edited November 2012

BGE and Bruce in customer service are the best there is. IMO

I've had a 10 year relationship with BGE on many levels, top knotch.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,586
    I think registering online is fairly new.  I think I'm coming up on two years, and it wasn't and option when I got mine.  Mail in the green card! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·