Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Seriously? You're kidding, right?

This could qualify as a "find the x number of things wrong in these pictures"

·

Comments

• Hahaha, it's a fixa uppa

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Wow. I was thinking this guy was just a slob, but then I stumbled upon the photo.
    LBGE

South Dakota
    ·
  • Unbelievably, there is a $350.00 bid.
    Brighton, IL (North East of St. Louis, MO)
    ·
  • wftylerwftyler Posts: 9
    edited November 2012
    The worst thing about the auction listing (for me) is the 2-shot, "24-inch diameter" measurement he shows in the pic.  If it wasn't bad enough he measures the diameter from the OUTSIDE, in the first shot, he goes and slides the tape down a couple notches more in the second!  

And that type deception can only come from a 100% 
    L-)
    ·
  • The whole back is out of it!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,814
    Egg Exlax Extreme!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • Hey Mickey.  Why don't you buy it and give it as a prize for the person that travelled the farthest to the Salado Eggfest ?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • Look at the question area.  Quotes a guy $430 to ship it.

$800 for  broken egg missing all of the guts.  At least the DFMT is in decent shape.

·
  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    edited November 2012
    If you look at the time/date stamp of the one bid that has been placed, and compare it to the time the description was updated, to include that "over the weekend vandals came into my yard over night and damage property as well as the egg lowering price", you can see it was made, before the vandalism disclosure was posted. Pictures were also added/updated, after the bid. I hope whomever made that bid notices the changes, and cancels!
    BJ
    (Powhatan, VA)
    ·
  • Wow. Nice place. Looks like Big Green Dave is selling his egg. Might be able pick up some sweet PeterV's with that if you dig around a little.

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,712
    Bet you it would still cook a mean brisket! :P
    Just a hack that makes some shitty BBQ...
    ·
  • That is sad.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,712
    Could see VI doing alot of woking with this rig. He'd just place his wok right on top of the bucket! Lots of air flow!! B-)
    Just a hack that makes some shitty BBQ...
    ·
  • Hey Mickey.  Why don't you buy it and give it as a prize for the person that travelled the farthest to the Salado Eggfest ?

That is very thoughtful VI. they are much easier to ship in pieces anyway.

·
  • cazzy said:
    Bet you it would still cook a mean brisket! :P

I would try in the rusted out char broil first :))

·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 350
    Wow. A real piece of eggscrement.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·
  • MJQ8MJQ8 Posts: 43
    No, I have seen this. It is not as it appears. This is one of those tv shows where they re-create crime scenes. In this episode, they are trying to determine if Humpty Dumpty just fell or if he indeed was actually pushed.
    Any cook you can walk away from is a good one.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    There's trash all over the yard - do I see broken wine bottles, used condoms and hypodermic needles?! - must be Dave's mom's house!

·
  • Somebody ought to take a whuppin for letting that happen to an Egg
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • The clown should file an insurance claim and remove the Egg from Ebay.  I wouldn't take it for free.
    ·
  • probe1957 said:
    The clown should file an insurance claim and remove the Egg from Ebay.  I wouldn't take it for free.
    Not feeling the "full coverage" vibe based on condition of home/yard/egg. he might be eating this one.

·
  • I just bought a LBGE on ebay and I am having a hard time with my low and slow cooks...
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
    ·
  • I just bought a LBGE on ebay and I am having a hard time with my low and slow cooks...
    Just can't seem to control the temps. I see that you guys all use the sliding door for the front hole, but what do you use for the giant back hole? Just curious..............

·
    Does it look like the one in these pictures?

Start a new thread and people will jump in to help, what kind of issues are you having?
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
    I wasn't getting enough air through the damper so I just made a new hole in the back with a sledge hammer....

·
  • oh god. i didn't even look at all the pics. It has no fire box or ring. Just a rusty metal bucket to hold lump with some sort of zippylip gyro rig holding a grate above it. This thing is a real prize.

·
    Does it look like the one in these pictures?

tongue fully in cheek

Start a new thread and people will jump in to help, what kind of issues are you having?

Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
    ·
  • So everyone is in agreement maybe my bid of $350 is too high?
    ·
  • I thought the hole in back was kind of unique. Very ez to add wood chunks and lump.
    ·
    broken?  Hell, it's customized.

·