Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Awesome looking pizza idea

Comments

• Thanks!  I've done Pear and Gorgonzola (topped with arugula) and everyone loved it.  I'll try this one for sure! :)
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • You had me at BACON!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,860
    That does look good.... SWMBO doesn't like gorgonzola, so I'd have to make hers with a substitute.  I made a limburger cheese pizza once.  It was awesome.

·
  • Serious Eats is possibly the best foodie website out there right now...subscribe or bookmark site, it's full of tons of good info on pretty much everything food related.
    ·
  • That does look good.... SWMBO doesn't like gorgonzola, so I'd have to make hers with a substitute.  I made a limburger cheese pizza once.  It was awesome.
    Brie and Camembert go well with apple -- does she like one of those?
    ·
  • That does look good.... SWMBO doesn't like gorgonzola, so I'd have to make hers with a substitute.  I made a limburger cheese pizza once.  It was awesome.
    Brie and Camembert go well with apple -- does she like one of those?

even a nice sharp aged cheddar, although that doesn't melt as well. One of my favorite snacks is apple slices with sharp farmhouse cheddar.
    ·
  • Mmm, Apple Pie topped with super sharp cheddar is one of my all-time favorite dinners to serve.  Add a bottle of wine and it's a done deal! ;)
    ·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    I have never understood the cheddar cheese on apple pie.  I prefer a good scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Cheddar cheese just does not seem right.  Maybe i will give it a try at christmas.
    ·
  • MikeP624 said:
    I have never understood the cheddar cheese on apple pie.  I prefer a good scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Cheddar cheese just does not seem right.  Maybe i will give it a try at christmas.

it's the perfect combination of sweet, salty, and savory...try it, it works!
    ·
  • What are you smoking?

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·