Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Awesome looking pizza idea

Comments

• Thanks!  I've done Pear and Gorgonzola (topped with arugula) and everyone loved it.  I'll try this one for sure! :)
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • You had me at BACON!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,197
    That does look good.... SWMBO doesn't like gorgonzola, so I'd have to make hers with a substitute.  I made a limburger cheese pizza once.  It was awesome.

·
  • Serious Eats is possibly the best foodie website out there right now...subscribe or bookmark site, it's full of tons of good info on pretty much everything food related.
    ·
  • That does look good.... SWMBO doesn't like gorgonzola, so I'd have to make hers with a substitute.  I made a limburger cheese pizza once.  It was awesome.
    Brie and Camembert go well with apple -- does she like one of those?
    ·
  • That does look good.... SWMBO doesn't like gorgonzola, so I'd have to make hers with a substitute.  I made a limburger cheese pizza once.  It was awesome.
    Brie and Camembert go well with apple -- does she like one of those?

even a nice sharp aged cheddar, although that doesn't melt as well. One of my favorite snacks is apple slices with sharp farmhouse cheddar.
    ·
  • Mmm, Apple Pie topped with super sharp cheddar is one of my all-time favorite dinners to serve.  Add a bottle of wine and it's a done deal! ;)
    ·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    I have never understood the cheddar cheese on apple pie.  I prefer a good scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Cheddar cheese just does not seem right.  Maybe i will give it a try at christmas.
    ·
  • MikeP624 said:
    I have never understood the cheddar cheese on apple pie.  I prefer a good scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Cheddar cheese just does not seem right.  Maybe i will give it a try at christmas.

it's the perfect combination of sweet, salty, and savory...try it, it works!
    ·
  • What are you smoking?

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·