Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bone in Leg go Lamb....any ideas folks? Looking for a twist.

Looking for something a bit different...anybody got a cool recipe? Thnx in advance!
·

Comments

• Butterfly the leg removing the bone.  Open up the butterflied leg and drizzle with olive oil add minced garlic, chopped fresh parsley, salt and pepper to your liking.  Roll up and tie with butcher twine.  Cook indirect at 300 until internal temp reaches 140 for medium rare which I like or go to 150-160.  Let rest 10-15 minutes and slice.  If you use good lamb it will be delicious.  The Greeks, Italians and Arabs do not use mint jelly because it does not belong anywhere near that delicious meat.  If you use mint jelly you are not drinking enough alcohol.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • misumisu Posts: 213
    Beli came up with one cool recipe that I've used a 3 times this year, here

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,982

I know you said bone in, but if you can de-bone it, The Naked Whiz has a  pretty good recipe on his website for a stuffed one.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/stuffedlol.htm

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,949
    I like Sam's recipe, that's pretty much what I do except you have to add fresh rosemary in addition to what he listed.  I like to sear the bejesus out of it too...there's something special about crispy burnt lamb flesh.  I cook it medium rare.

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    edited November 2012
    I like to butterfly them and fill them with mint jelly and mint. Roulade and baste with mint jelly.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,949
    I'll throw some mint in my yogurt/horseradish/garlic sauce.  Sometimes I use sour cream instead of yogurt.  Basically this is a horseradish delivery system (HDS).  I love horseradish.

·
  • I like to butterfly them and fill them with mint jelly and mint. Roulade and baste with mint jelly.
    I have a fever. and the only prescription is more mint jelly :))

·