Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

I am so excited.... pork bellies

Ok found a butcher shop that will bring in pork bellies for me. I want to try making my own bacon. The butcher said to tell him how I want to order it, rind on or off, more fat cap, less fat cap. Don't know where to go from here. I say an older post from U tarted but I couldn't find the recipe from his post. Anyone out there have one that they could share. Every since the eggs landed on our porch, I have been stirred onto trying different things with it, and seeing how our bacon consumption has gone up as well, I thought it would be fun to give curing our own bacon a whirl. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, enjoy yourselves.
Scot

Comments