Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Egghausted...

Man, another three Egg cook.

My routine cooks are for dinners and lunches, so I cook much more than is indicated for a single meal.  Oh and X3 eaters.

Did our usual couple of days veggies, salmon for tonight and tomorrow's lunches, and beef for the frozen lunch resources.

Salmon done on the LBGE in a basket, with a raised grid, direct at 350.  15 minutes on the skin side and 5 on the flip, until the internal was at least 130.  Rubbed with Traeger Sweet.

The beef was done on the MBGE (I thought about joshing you guys that it was a huge cut on the XL), 400 raised direct, until the internal was 140 or more.  Rubbed in McCormack Montreal.

Two veggie baskets on the XL.

Pics to follow.

Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·

Comments

• How are you liking the med? Mine has been great so far. I wish I had gotten the pair sooner.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Pics
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • How are you liking the med? Mine has been great so far. I wish I had gotten the pair sooner.
    Working quite well as our, more or less, dedicated meat cooker.  I used it for the first time tonight with a High-Q, and that seemed to work well.  Heated fast and was stable.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,055
    Your opus magnum!   Is that top round or flank?

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,330
    edited November 2012
    The beef is the good old generic "London Broil".

Oh, and even after eating the salmon meal, I could not resist a few bites of the beef.  For nothing special, it turned out pretty good.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • My high que is in the mail :)
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Looks tasty Doc
    ·
    edited November 2012
    My high que is in the mail :)
    My LBGE was very fussy about maintaining heat.  The HQ solved that.  The MBGE seemed to be the same way, so straight to the HQ.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Will you move next door to me doc?
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • That's quite a spread ya got there Doc!  I bet it smelled almost as good as it looked and tasted even better!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,055
    The beef is the good old generic "London Broil".

Oh, and even after eating the salmon meal, I could not resist a few bites of the beef.  For nothing special, it turned out pretty good.
    Ah, thought it would be labeled like that.  London broil is usually done on top round or flank.  Looks to me like flank.  Very nice.  You cook efficiently and eat well.

·
    edited November 2012

That's quite a spread ya got there Doc!  I bet it smelled almost as good as it looked and tasted even better!
    Ha, I reheated last night's boneless chicken and veggies for lunch, and my boss came sniffing around and asked if I was the source.  I said yes, I just finished some left over chicken.  He said, no way, that was smoked German sausage or something.  We've all experienced coworkers displaying disbelief over the smell of our veggies.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    If I didnt know any better, I would say you eat pretty damn good =P~
    ·
  • Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 576
    Doc, I'm always looking for ideas to cook bulk for the week. Do you just store your cooked veggies in a Tupperware-like container and just reheat them in the radiation box?
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
    ·
    edited November 2012
    Greeno55 said:
    Doc, I'm always looking for ideas to cook bulk for the week. Do you just store your cooked veggies in a Tupperware-like container and just reheat them in the radiation box?

Refigerate, and they are good to reheat in the MW for several days.  Don't get them too cooked to begin with.  Hot and crispy works, soft and mushy not so much.

We do meats in snack sized bagges for just the right portion size.  Sometimes leftovers but often cooked specifically for freezing.  The best single item we use is smoked turkey thighs.  I am getting ready to do a 32 thigh smoke to refresh our supplies.

Pasquali Luciano

·