Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Shrimp Cilantro and burgundy mushrooms

billyraybillyray Posts: 1,124
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum
Made NecessaryIndulg's Shrimp cilantro tonight with burgundy mushrooms. I wanted a little more heat, so I marinated the shrimp in a 1/4 cup EVOO with 1 tsp kosher salt, 1 tsp granulated garlic, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper and 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper. Covered and refrigerated for 1 hour. Outstanding!!
Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,904
    I have done the burgundy mushrooms and think that some cayenne or hot sauce will solve your problem.
  • have not tried the shrimp, but have done the shrooms.  They are very good.  If you have any leftover after reheating the shrooms add a tablespoon of heavy cream.  make sure you have lots of crusty bread handy
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,708
    Yum! Looks delicious!!
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,069

Looks great. I need to try her shrimp.

We just did the 'shrooms and with the leftovers, Mrs. G added some heavy cream, fresh parm, grilled chicken and tossed with some linguini (or was it fettucini?). Anyway, was so good.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Looks awesome!  I need to try those mushrooms! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,124
    Looks awesome!  I need to try those mushrooms! 

Here's the recipe for the 'shrooms. I used Better than Bouillon,instead of the cubes.

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/sidedishes/burgundy-mushrooms/?print=1/#sizeFP

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,355
    billyray said:
    Looks awesome!  I need to try those mushrooms! 

Here's the recipe for the 'shrooms. I used Better than Bouillon,instead of the cubes.

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/sidedishes/burgundy-mushrooms/?print=1/#sizeFP

We do something very similar with mushrooms, don't cook them as long, maybe 20 minutes after they "sink".  But a very tasty way to serve them.  Leave the butter out and they're good cold in salads.