Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Looking for help...I'm in somewhat of a quandry...

O.K....here's the dilemma...beginning to plan for my immediate family's Christmas dinner. Most likely will be doing a combination of baby backs & at least 1 butt. There are 11 of us, but 2 are children & will not eat much. I'm thinking 4 or 5 racks of ribs & (1) 7-8 lb butt + sides of course. I have a LBGE and have been trying to figure out an arrangement for said meats on the egg. The butt is not going to fit on the egg with the use of the rib rack that I have which brings me to the forum. I've been living on the ceramic grill store website and salivating over the AR with the spider, but I just can't seem to justify it for the occasional "large" cook. Normally I'm cooking for the wife & kids, not alot of need in that much cooking area, but now I'm needing more room. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I know there is a 3 tiered rack for use with the BGE, but not sure how adjustable it is...again, I WANT the AR w/spider, probably gonna bite the bullet for the spider anyway, but that leads to a whole other debate going on in my head lol (to buy at 1 whack or piece-meal it) Another issue is not being able to monitor dome temp. Looking to buy the thermoworks TW8060, but that means I'm spending $300+ on BGE toys right here at Christmas...somebody stop me or give me some alternative options please!!!!

Comments