Ok. It's done over a week earlier than expected. My humidity levels are half what's recommended and I had some surface mold. Based on weight loss - it's down to about 65% of what I started with, I needed to refrigerate.
I cut up some of it to eat and see what I'm dealing with. Tastes great. I mean, really great. Kind of musty, earthy, beefy. Can't wait to use it in some appetizers.
I brushed off the surface mold and god knows what else, then gave it a vinegar bath with some scrubbing, then rinsed it off, dried it and it looked pretty good. No funky odors, ('scept mold and the treatment seems to take care of that - we eat moldy cheese all the time). No signs of spoilage. I suppose If I'm not sick in the next day or two I'll be in the clear (seriously, nothing is going to survive the curing this thing got - 2 weeks of dry cure with sodium nitrate and sodium nitrite).
I'll try posting more pics when it's all purdy and stuff like VI does.
______________________________________________ This is my signature line just so you're not confused. Large and Medium BGE, two turntables and a microphone New Orleans