Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thanχmas

Every year, some friends at work and I get together between Thanksgiving and Christmas for dinner. This year, our employer is having a meal for lunch that will have turkey and ham, etc. I usually smoke a turkey, but I am looking for something different.

SO... Any suggestions for something awesome I could cook on the egg? I will probably avoid BBQ (though I love it).

Auburn, AL
·

Comments

• I am not fully understanding. Are you saying that there are two events, your friends and co-workers, and the company deal or it is one in the same? My answer would be the same either way. Low and slow leg of lamb, garlic studded in an olive oil and mint, rosemary rub. Or braised lamb shanks.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • OK - LS, will you marry me?........Great suggestion, lamb is unusual, will make an impression. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Skiddy...No, I am happily married but we could get a little something going on the side if you want. =))

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • brownbwbrownbw Posts: 111
    Sorry, I am not making anything for the lunch, but there will be turkey and ham, so we may not want to eat that for dinner. I thought about a pork loin.... It's for about 15 people.
    Auburn, AL
    ·
  • Pork loin will shine. Especially if you do a low and slow. Standing rib roast if it's in the budget (low and slow) beef tenderloin (hot and fast) salmon en papillote, osso bucco...there is a ton of stuff.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 843
    Try this recipe for lamb; I'm not sure low and slow is the way to go. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,089
    Stuff the pork loin...necessary's recipe Is always a huge hit.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • After a big ole lunch, you may just want to make a bunch of different apps.  That way everyone should find something they like.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·