Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Gonna be a busy egg ...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Lynnwood WA
·

Comments

• Are you making all that on one egg? Wow!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    12 game hens on Thursday, turkey on Friday, Ducks on Saturday... I told SWMBO that if I had more eggs I could do it all at once but apparently I overspent on the things that go bang budget this year...
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,412
    Don't forget the pics!
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • OK, gotcha! Thought you were gonna do the whole deal Thursday

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    double said:
    12 game hens on Thursday, turkey on Friday, Ducks on Saturday... I told SWMBO that if I had more eggs I could do it all at once but apparently I overspent on the things that go bang budget this year...
    Way to blow your money away  ;)
    ·

Test fit for tomorow just cleaned out the egg and all the water, rigged a tarp for a roof and ready to go hens will get brined tonight.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • I'm trying a threesome tonight/tomorrow on an XL.  Hope to do a pork shoulder starting tonight and into tomorrow, a turkey and a ham on tomorrow morning.  Hopefully all of it will be ready for a 2:00 p.m. feast.  I just finished building a shed roof to house the egg and a new table I built.  I'm hoping a big wind doesn't come up and knock it all to pieces (along with my planned meal).
    Fayetteville, Ga
    ·
    Had a pretty excited 4yr old helping me get the cranberry juice brine ready I think he gave each hen its last rights as he dropped them in the bucket and told them how tasty they were going to be tomorrow...
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos dozen birds on
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos keeping the rain away...
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos these were destroyed in quick order. Had them FTC for about 1 1/2 hrs before serving they were great.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Would you mind sharing your recipe for thr cranberry juice brine?
    ·
    32 oz x cranberry juice
    1 1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 1/2 cup kosher salt
    Rosemary fresh handful
    Basil fresh handful

I tripled this recipe. I found it in the recipe book for the Little Chief Electric smoker to give credit where it's due...
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Boy, that's packing them in.  It's a whole flock !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    I did them for 2 hrs at 160 grate on a two tiered rack indirect then bumped it to 300 direct basting with honey on a raised rack to finish them off managed to stack them all on the one rack for that.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • I REALLY wish I was there to taste that.
    ·
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Friday was turkey day
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    It was enjoyed...
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    Today is duck day they just went on.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • double said:
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Friday was turkey day
    Your turkey looks great.  How long did it take to cook?  How big was it?  That might be a great thing to cook this weekend if I start early.  Could just slice it up with a small bun...   Do you prefer to cook it on a rack instead of a turkey sitter?  
    ·
    Hi Wendy. It was the first turkey I have done I did it indirect at about 275 with a bunch of wine and chicken stock in the pan. I think it was 14lbs and took about 4hrs or so. I would do higher heat and spatchcock it the next time though. Although it looks good I wouldn't say it would be my choice for showcasing your eggs. Something that's cheap quick and turns out great are chicken drumsticks. Also smoked eggs seem to amaze people but maybe you should do that around Easter.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·