Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bought Sous Vide..

Options
 The black friday deal was too good too pass up so I grabbed one. My question is which foodsaver is a good unit to grab? I read reviews and go back and forth and cant make up my mind. This forum is a great resource and I am looking for some guidance from real users. It will be used for extras from the egg and the sous vide machine. I would like it have an accessory hose for jars and the marination tub (if it even works). Thank you for the help!!

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I have the food saver v3880 and love it. The marinator works really good.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I thought that deal came with a vacuum sealer already......

We've had probably at least 4 different models through the years, and the one we have currently is by far our favorite - it's simple and cheap and works the best.  Foodsaver model V2222.  I don't know if they still make that exact model.  They were on sale for $35, so we bought two and haven't touched the spare - and that was 3 or 4 years ago.
    Options
     It does but people say its made poorly and will not last. There again its random users and opinions. I have wanted a foodsaver for a long time and this is a good enough excuse to get one. Thanks for the responses. I will give those two a google and see what I can find. 
  • jeroldharter
    Options
    What was the deal?
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Our "local" Costco (Bellingham, Wa. Costco - 'cause it is in a different country from where I live) just had the V3880 on sale for $120 - including a big box of food saver bags/rolls. Regular price is $150. 

Check your local Costco and see if they have something similar. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I hate the ones that need to pull a vacuum just to seal.  They waste the roll and take a long time to seal the first side of the bag.  We had one for a few months.  It went on craigs list.
    Furall said:
     It does but people say its made poorly and will not last. There again its random users and opinions. I have wanted a foodsaver for a long time and this is a good enough excuse to get one. Thanks for the responses. I will give those two a google and see what I can find. 
    I bought "the deal" (actually my wife bought it for me as a gift). It's been totally fine. I probably would not have bought it with all the negative reviews but it's been 100% fine for a year now and has worked as advertised. I have not seen any of the issues that were in the reviews.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • trevorst
    Options
    So what was the deal on a Sous Vide ??
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    trevorst said:
    So what was the deal on a Sous Vide ??
    it came with a food saver. Everyone says the food saver is a POS but mine has been OK. It has been panned as being awful. I haven't had a problem but would not have bought one on it's own with all the hatchet job reviews it got. Zero issues here but obviously there is smoke...............
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    i have to costco model its fine.  a lot of the models are very similar if not identical other than what they are packaged with and who sells it.  

i ran through this a few months ago here is my thread:

personally i would use the one it came with until it failed