Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super peel: what do you think?

Been reading about the Super Peel.....seems quite interesting. I have had plenty of challenges transferring the pizza and the Super Peel seems to be a good solution. Any thoughts based on experience would be really appreciated.
When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO

Comments

• I have one. Seems to work by magic.

I roll out the dough on the counter top with flour so it does not stick. Then pick it up with the SuperPeel using magic and slide it right off onto the stone on the egg.

The only down side is that you need another peel to remove the pizza or just slide it off onto a pan. I bought a cheap but huge aluminum peel for removing the pizzas.

It saves me so much aggravation I would not not make pizzas without it. Or else I would do deep dish which is not the same thing.
  • CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    It's dough we'll spent!!!! :-bd
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • I make my pizza on parchment paper, then slide it onto an upside down cookie sheet.  Then, I slide it onto the stone.  I process the cooked pizza in reverse order.  Works great.  No peel to buy and store.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Bjorg
    Bjorg Posts: 241
    I have one and I am loving it. I concur that ideally you need a second peel to remove the pizza so as not to have to remove the cloth each time around. 
    Quebec - Canada
  • Where do you purchase a upside down cookie sheet?
    If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• it's right next to the box stretcher at home goods

• xraypat23 said:
    it's right next to the box stretcher at home goods

Funny, that's my wife's nickname for....nm

Someone hurry...there is a your mom joke in here to be had...
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    edited November 2012

Work's great ! Worth the $$.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    I like mine, it works as advertised and isn't rocket science to use.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I'm going to try to make one.  I'll post pics, some time in the near future.
  • Have not used one.  Stretch the dough out on a lightly floured granite counter.  Pick up the dough by hand and put it on well floured (rub it in good) wood pizza peel.  Put sauce and toppings on quickly.  Bump pizza peel to make sure dough is not stuck and still slides easily.  Slide onto pizza stone.  I was looking into buying other pizza peels until I started doing it this way.
  • Zick
    Zick Posts: 190
    I'm going to try to make one.  I'll post pics, some time in the near future.

Hey Nola, that would be cool to see. I though can't draw a straight line with a ruler. I am going to have to buy mine.
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I love mine, it makes pizza parties so much easier and you don't have to worry to check the parchment roll to make sure you have enough. You can make pizzas ahead of time and no need to worry about sticking to anything. I use a metal peel to spin the dough halfway through and take it off the egg. You can even pickup multiple pizzas if you are making smaller ones. 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Another vote in favor of the super peel.  I can add two beers to my prep and have no fear of messing up the pizza.  I use a metal peel to remove the pizza.  At theis very moment my dough is rising for pizza tonight.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Yes going to try a new Christmas present super peel this evening. Dough is being prepped now.
    I've used an aluminum peel for years and it works ok but picking up pizzas off the counter when you have several being built and prepped at the same time (kids and friends love personal sized pizzas), Problem was some kids would not get enough flour under the pizza then it was a mess to transfer to the peel to the egg. We tried parchment and it works but is still a PIA. Hoping the combo of the old aluminum peel to remove the pizzas and the new cloth covered super peel it will be like an assembly line!
    If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

imageimage
    Barry approves.
    Pentwater, MI
  • jn_austin
    jn_austin Posts: 29
    edited December 2013
    Pizza's were a huge success tonight. The egg was roaring and cooks were only a couple minutes each. Was easily able to keep up with the super peel picking up the assembled pizzas and transferring them to the stone, I used my old aluminum peel to pick up the cooked pizza and that worked great. My youngest even made a pizza in the shape of Patrick Star and it stayed exactly like she had it on the counter.

My older daughter wanted a long skinny pizza and it picked it up just as easy. I had the colored LED's on when I took the pics. Makes for a cool looking egg while providing some light as well.

• avibug
    avibug Posts: 172
    Love the super peel. Totally worth it.  
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    BTW guess who else uses a super peel! Seriously!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.