Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chili Cheese Dog Fatty

I decided to whip one up for the Nebraska game yesterday.  These have been a big hit every time I've done them.

Mix 1 lb. of 80/20 ground beef with 1 lb. of Jimmy Dean Hot pork sausage.  Form into a square on top of a wax paper covered cutting board and sprinkle with Dizzy Dust.

Then add Wolf's Chili with no beans, onions, hotdogs and cheese leaving about a one inch border.

Using the wax paper roll each end over the hot dogs and seal the seams.

Now make a bacon weave and roll it around the fatty.

Onto the BGE indirect at 250* dome with apple and cherry chunks.  Cook until the center (hot dogs) reach 150*.  I painted it with some Blue's Hog sauce the last 30 minutes.

Let it rest for a few minutes, slice and serve.  If any of you have a Cardiologist, don't show them this!!

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
·

Comments

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    looks awesome , have yet to do one but will soon 

Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 149
    Looks good and very creative. I have done a couple fatties, but just some basic ones. Go Big Red!!
    ·
  • Bookmarked. I'm doing my first bacon explosion Saturday. But this will be on list soon.
    Boom
    ·
  • My arteries are clogging just looking at it
    :x
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,520
    Great idea. Gonna try this one soon but I think I'll leave the dogs out and maybe add some more cheese.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Close to something I made once. It did not help my cardiac situation much but was it ever good !!

>:/
    I know the voices aren't real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.
    ·
  • I know the voices aren't real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,873
    You sir, are an artiste. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • ronthorontho Posts: 109

Being a HUSKER  die hard myself I sure hope those were Fairbury dogs...if not have to give you a fail. GO BIG RED.

:))
    ·
  • SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 414

Did you eat this, or did the Huskers?  13-7 against Iowa?  Holy cow, they looked flat. Looking forward to see them stomp a mudhole in Wisconsin this Saturday! 

GBR! 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • tdbmdtdbmd Posts: 41
    Dude, I thought you could only make this monster once per year, doctor's orders!
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,470
    rontho said:

Being a HUSKER  die hard myself I sure hope those were Fairbury dogs...if not have to give you a fail. GO BIG RED.

Well of course they were!!  Official hot dog of Husker nation!!

Mike

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • ronthorontho Posts: 109
    BOWHUNR said:
    rontho said:

Well of course they were!!  Official hot dog of Husker nation!!

Mike

I love you man.....GBR
    ·
  • ZickZick Posts: 171
    Over the top!!!
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
    ·
  • Have to include the Fairburys if you're a Husker:-) It looks great. Thanks for sharing and GBR!!!
    ·
  • about how long did it take to get to 150?
    Brandon, MS
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,470
    about how long did it take to get to 150?
    Just a little shy of three hours.

Mike

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Instead of the hot dogs use some good sausage like chorizo or hot Italian.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·