Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My table completely finished (sort of)

Options
My wife gave me the egg as a gift for the holidays in 2011. She described it as a gift of enlightened self interest. It took till March for me to go choose the egg (XL) at Bar-B-Que Barn in Arlington, MA. They get my highest recommendation. Great people. I decided to have them hold it till I got my table done. Got the table finished enough to have the egg delivered in October but had screwed up the shelf platform. I'd moved the egg hole in the top and forgotten to shift the bottom tile platform. The folks from BBQ Barn were nice enough to leave me the nest in which they'd delivered the egg for a few days til I got the table sorted out. Just took me a day to fix things up and had two neighbors help me put the egg in place. 

Two days later I cooked some steaks and pork chops; somewhat overdone. Then one of the neighbors just happened to call and mention that he'd gotten an 8 lb. rib roast. He asked if I wanted to come over to his place. When I snorted he couldn't stop laughing and admitted it was all a ploy. Then he told me that he'd already invited thee other couples, all neighbors, to come over to our house for dinner! The egg cooked the roast perfectly. One neighbor's husband was traveling that night and now he's demanded a re-invite. Did some lamb chops next and they came out delicious, but the Pièce de résistance  was the 12 lb. turkey I smoked for 7 hours for Thanksgiving. Amazing.

Oh that's right, this post is about the table. Sorry. Now I've got two things to finish up: 

1. I'm trying to figure out what kind of light to put on the post. Don't want to run electric out to it. Tried a solar led light. Neither enough sun to charge nor light to cook. Maybe a propane lantern?  
2. I'm trying to figure out the best cover for this monster. It is not getting moved inside for the winter 'cause it's got those mahogany shelves and weighs, even without the egg, over 200 lb. easy and more importantly I'm planning to cook all winter. Did veal chops tonight (38 degrees) on the left over apple wood chips from the turkey. I've never had better veal. 

Any suggestions?

Comments