Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Saturday overnighter

makismakis Posts: 81
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum
Planing on eating with a friend and his family. The poor guy never had real BBQ in his life, only grilled meat, so I thought a low and slow pork collar would be a great first time experience for him since he will keep all the leftovers for BBQ fajitas for the week.

Here it is after 7.5 hours at 250F injected with apple-apple cider mix few hours before hitting the EGG

photo.JPG 152.7K

Comments

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,710
    Looks delicious!!  How did it turn out?  :)
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,670
    Nice...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,670
    Dumb question....what's a pork collar.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • makismakis Posts: 81
    Turned out great.

My friend liked it so much that he said he is willing to pay me twice a month to make him Q like this...

It took 11.5 hours to finish. We ate it with some GATEs sauce.

Collar is the the neck muscles with some bone from the spare ribs( I think)