Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Saturday overnighter

makismakis Posts: 81
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum
Planing on eating with a friend and his family. The poor guy never had real BBQ in his life, only grilled meat, so I thought a low and slow pork collar would be a great first time experience for him since he will keep all the leftovers for BBQ fajitas for the week.

Here it is after 7.5 hours at 250F injected with apple-apple cider mix few hours before hitting the EGG

photo.JPG 152.7K
·

Comments

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,581
    Looks delicious!!  How did it turn out?  :)
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,585
    Nice...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,585
    Dumb question....what's a pork collar.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • makismakis Posts: 81
    Turned out great.

My friend liked it so much that he said he is willing to pay me twice a month to make him Q like this...

It took 11.5 hours to finish. We ate it with some GATEs sauce.

Collar is the the neck muscles with some bone from the spare ribs( I think)
    ·