Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ribs tonight! (first low and slow with pics)

kbutler84kbutler84 Posts: 99
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum
My first low and slow cook.  Very happy with how the ribs turned out. Rubbed the ribs with a mixture of DP Dizzy Dust and Raging River and a little bit of Turbinado sugar.  Put the ribs on at 1:30 at 250 degrees indirect with a drip pan of apple juice. Used a mixture of hickory, maple, and cherry wood chips.  After about 2 hours I started spraying the ribs with a mixture of apple juice and Bulleit bourbon once an hour.  At 5:30 I added Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar BBQ sauce.  Pulled the ribs at 6:30 and they were gone in about 20 minutes!  Family seemed to really like them.
·

Comments

• Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    Looks delicious. Any of the DP is hard to beat. Turbinado sugar is one of my favorite rib ingredients. Bourbon with anything is always beautiful B-)
    ·
  • They look real good and very moist
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,292
    Nice cook..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • That's a nice job.  Next time do two or more.  :)
    ·
  • jbates67jbates67 Posts: 157
    Mmmmmm....ribs. Agree, need to cook more than one rack, it will take 21 minutes to disappear.

·
  • CullumCullum Posts: 214
    Great job. Looks awesome! Turbinado sugar is the way to go on those ribs.
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,917
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, I agree. Do 2 next time...but only because that rack looks lonely!
    Just a hack that makes some **** BBQ...
    ·