Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grey Cup Wings

Options
Now I'm not normally a fan of 3 down football, but being in Canada on the 100th Grey Cup (CFL Superbowl for those who may not know) I figured I'd pass on the normal ordering of wings and make my own. I used, slightly modified to reduce the salt, the wing recipe on Dizzy Pig's website. These we so unbelievably crispy for a baked wing. The breading was: 1 cup AP flour 1 cup cornmeal 2 tbs Dizzy Dust 1 tbs salt After sitting in the fridge uncovered most of the day, I gave them a quick egg wash and coated very lightly. Put them back in the fridge for another hour to help the breading set. Stabilized the fire at 250°, direct, raised grill for an hour and a half, flipping every 25-30, and rotating the grid 90° every 15 or so. I cannot recommend these enough. Next time I'd throw some cayenne or something similar into the breading to add a bit of heat. I ate them dry, dipping in some blue cheese, but these would also be fantastic tossed in your favourite sauce.
LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario

Comments

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Those look great. We use this recipe alot. Next time try it using DP Swamp Venom. That will give it a little heat. 

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited November 2012
    Options
    AAAAAAAARRRGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSS!

Great looking wings.

3 downs, 4 in motion before the snap, 12 men on the field, full 1 yard neutral zone, no wussy fair catch, 20 yard end zones, 50 ft between hash marks to name a few..... gotta love the CFL. Grey cup is the second oldest trophy for pros in North America. (oldest is another Canuck bowl, the Stanley Cup - but they ain't playing this year)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!