Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Fighting Irish will save you...

Comments

• DawgDays
    DawgDays Posts: 83
    edited November 2012
    To all ND fans on this thread:
    Remember there is a very specific order of operations here. Save the confetti for when Kelly actually has the crystal football in his hands.
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    DawgDays said:

To all ND fans on this thread:
    Remember there is a very specific order of operations here. Save the confetti for when Kelly actually has the crystal football in his hands.
    What fun would that be?
  • henapple said:

I would love to see nd play a sec schedule.
    Alabama
    Florida
    Georgia
    TX A&M
    Lsu
    Gamecocks

They wouldn't be undefeated...and they play no conference championship. Scared?

I'm an SEC fan and that's a foolish statement. Know why? No SEC team had to play all those teams in one season either. I bet ND would have about same record as USC, Alabama, or UGA if they had their schedule and not some made up schedule

Boom
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    The SEC is strong and the top conference- but it is also the love child of ESPN.. so whether it is a good year or bad year for the SEC- it will be hyped to no end.  ESPN needs them to be the news week in week out with what they have invested in them.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I hate Bama but I also can't stand nd. They get a free pass in no conference. No sec team plays everyone but look at TN schedule. Could nd go undefeated through that? We suck right now.....I realize that. But come on...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • IrishDevl
    henapple said:

I hate Bama but I also can't stand nd. They get a free pass in no conference. No sec team plays everyone but look at TN schedule. Could nd go undefeated through that? We suck right now.....I realize that. But come on...

I don't see where ND had an easy schedule.
  • For us non-football fans, this thread is absolutely hilarious.   =))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    I'm a UGA fan who lives 10 mins from Williams-Brice so I'm pretty in deep with SEC. I do think SEC will win the BCSCG this year, and I hope it's UGA. Both teams will be favored over ND. Few facts. ND has beaten 9 bowl eligible teams this year. Alabama only beat 5, UGA 4. The top 6 teams in the SEC went 30-0 v the bottom 8 in the SEC this year. So the SEC is very top heavy. There are other teams in the country that are very good and about same level as the top 6 in the SEC. But the argument that the SEC has great D bc they have bad O is terrible and short sighted. Bc if that was the case how do you explain all the D players in the NFL and in first two rounds of draft? SEC has some of the best RBs in the country too. And when high powered offense play SEC teams in bowls, and not just BCSCG, the SEC wins more than anyone it plays. There are of course other very good teams. Right now Stanford, Oregon, ND, amongst others. But it is someone diff every year or two. SEC top tier is consistent every year last decade.
    I agree with ou that the D of the top SEC teams are very good as good as any in the country but my point was that they appear completely dominant partly because of the mediocrity of the offenses they face on a weekly basis. No they don't SUCK I said that more for effect, but they are a lot easier to defend than a wide open west coast style O.
    George
  • henapple said:

As of the 24th UT's SOS was 28th in country. ND was 30th. Alabama was 39 and UGA was 42nd. http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm
    Boom

I don't understand? 'Non-football fan'? I only speak English so I guess it's lost in translation :P
    Boom
  • The problem with extreme SEC fans, and haters, is lack of perspective. I hear that if in Big/PAC 12 that LSU/UGA/UF/Alabama would have 3-4 losses bc can't score (btw look at bowl games, UGA offense this year, and UF offense during Tebow era. And against weaker D everyone would score more too) but I had a guy with a straight face tell me 1) Vandy would win ANY other conference in the country this year 2) Oregon would finish at best 7th in SEC this year. It's ludicrous on each side. Yes the SEC is better. But they lose OOC games. And the bottom half is embarrassingly bad. Yes other teams and even conferences are good. PAC 12 is nice at the top this season for example. And the offense is great. But those 50+ point shoot outs would happen 3x a season in an SEC schedule, not 8x like in PAC 12. Perspective. Be a fan, not a fanatic.
    Boom
    I don't understand? 'Non-football fan'? I only speak English so I guess it's lost in translation :P
    Fan,
    I love high school football, and follow it closely.  That's because all of the kids are from the community.  As you get to college, maybe 1/3 to 1/2 will be from the state that the school is in..  As far as pros, it's a matter of who is the richest owner, and most likely, none of the roster will have a native player.  I fail to see the reason for the fanaticism, but I do enjoy the hoopla over nothing.

When the Houston Texans were announced, there were people with painted faces and bellys whooping it up for "their team", and they hadn't even announced one player yet.  It's just funny to me.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• IrishDevl
    henapple said:

Are you referring to Tennessee? They need to start with some new uniforms. They are just terrible.
  • XLBalco said:

The SEC is strong and the top conference- but it is also the love child of ESPN.. so whether it is a good year or bad year for the SEC- it will be hyped to no end.  ESPN needs them to be the news week in week out with what they have invested in them.

Hmm I don't ever see it like that. Most of us feel like the media doesn't like SEC or for sure BAMA.

I'm pretty sure your statement is wrong. I think espn has a contract with big 12 and ACC.

XLBGE 
  • IrishDevl

XLBalco said:

Hmm I don't ever see it like that. Most of us feel like the media doesn't like SEC or for sure BAMA.

I'm pretty sure your statement is wrong. I think espn has a contract with big 12 and ACC.
    Are you guys saying that ESPN is biased? Stop, they are a respectable news organization and only speak facts never letting an opinion rear its ugly head
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl said:

XLBalco said:

Are you guys saying that ESPN is biased? Stop, they are a respectable news organization and only speak facts never letting an opinion rear its ugly head
    OK, just kidding.
  • XLBalco
    Hmm I don't ever see it like that. Most of us feel like the media doesn't like SEC or for sure BAMA. I'm pretty sure your statement is wrong. I think espn has a contract with big 12 and ACC.

Right, 15yr contract says the contrary
  • XLBalco
    Big12 has a contract with fox as well as espn
  • IrishDevl
    With the exception of Lou Holtz, ND doesn't get much love. They need to do something about that guy. I do think SEC gets plenty of love.
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    What does Notre dame and marijuana have in common?
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • IrishDevl
    I assume something to do with both getting smoked?
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    They both get smoked in a bowl!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • I prefer my marijuana in food. Saves me time and allows me to go straight to bed.
    Boom
  • IrishDevl
    Kosko said:

They both get smoked in a bowl!

Not bad.
  • The Irish have ZERO chance against either SEC team that they could be possibly facing.  They will finish with 1 loss and a bad one at that.
  • XLBalco
    edited November 2012

at the end of the day... no true ND fan will walk away upset win or lose.  i wont 

no one at the beginning of the season had them in them in the NC Game- no one.

now it comes down to one game and it comes down to match ups.  has nothing to do with conferences, strengths of schedule, etc.

someone needs to post up the data that shows that they will get smoked.  what is it that will cause their defense to all of a sudden crumble?  show me the match ups that will cause that.

Go.

• IrishDevl
    The Irish have ZERO chance against either SEC team that they could be possibly facing.  They will finish with 1 loss and a bad one at that.
    Dork.
  • XLBalco
    i was hoping oregon would of stayed #1 and ND #2...  in any event, based on what everyone is already saying- there is no pressure on ND :))  since they are gonna lose no matter what >:)
  • chipman
    chipman Posts: 85
    edited November 2012

chipman said:
    IrishDevl said:
    They beat Stanford - number 8. 

Stanford was robbed that game.

How was Stanford robbed exactly?  

• chipman said:

chipman said:
    IrishDevl said:
    They beat Stanford - number 8. 

Stanford was robbed that game.

How was Stanford robbed exactly?  

You know the play. The play where Stanford won in OT, but the homer influenced refs made up some imaginary reason to blow the td play dead? This will refreshen your mind.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/gameflash/2012/10/13/49820/index.html